SUBMISSION OF SCIENTIFIC COMMUNICATIONS
- Each registration allows for the submission of at most 2 (two) scientific contributions;
- Each scientific contribution must be sent by one of authors ONLY. The Scientific Committee will contact only this author about the evaluation of that work.
- Each scientific contribution must be sent as an extended abstract (two complete pages), in English, until March 16th, 2011.
- All scientific contributions will be presented as posters. The Scientific Committee will decide if some of the contributions will be also presented orally.
- The extended abstract files must not occupy more than 2 Mbytes.
- The communications will be refereed by the Scientific Committee and the acceptance will be informed to the author who submitted the work three weeks after the last submitting date.
- The extended abstracts and posters must be presented in English.
- The 2(two) best posters will receive a special prize.
- Posters must have maximum size of 0,90cm x 1,20m.
- The extended abstracts will be published in the proceedings of the event to be distributed among participants.
- Please, prepare the extended abstract carefully using the following guidelines.
GUIDE FOR PREPARATION AND SUBMISSION OF EXTENDED ABSTRACTS
- The extended abstract files must not occupy more than 2 Mbytes. Program: MSWord '.doc' file.
- The extended abstracts must be written in two complete A4 pages and must include the aim of the work, its importance, experimental, main results/ discussion and conclusions, in this order. The main references must be also included (see the attached example of extended abstract for your guidance);
- Do not use subtitles (Introduction, Experimental, Results, etc.) in the text, unless for the References;
- Only scientific contributions in English will be accepted;
- The extended abstract must have the following margins per page: superior, left and right: 3.0 cm; inferior: 2.5 cm. Font must be Arial and Symbol 11. Program: Word '.doc' file. Please use all of the space of the two pages (Do not leave any large blank areas).
PREPARATION THE EXTENDED ABSTRACT
- TITLE – The title must be written in capital letters, centralized, font Arial 12, bold;
- AUTHORS – The complete name of the authors must appear immediately after (no space between them), the title, centralized, font Arial 11. Indicate with (*) the name of the submitting author, to whom information on the work evaluation will be sent. ATTENTION – only the author marked with (*) will receive information from the Scientific Committee about the paper submitted.
- INSTITUTION – The name of the Institution/Company of each author must appear right after the name of the authors (no line space between them), centralized, Font Arial 11. Please include the e-mail of the submitting author indicated with (*);
- KEYWORDS – The keywords (maximum of three) must come separated by semicolons (;) in lower case, font Arial 11, justified to the left, after the word “Keywords” written in italic. The keywords must be typed one line after the authors Institutions.
- TEXT – The text: a) Must start one line after the keywords; b) must be justified to the right and left; c) Font Arial and Symbol 11 with simple space between lines; d) Must cover two complete pages; e) Tables, Figures and References can be included; f) Margins: superior, left and right: 3.0 cm; inferior: 2.5 cm; g) Tables and Figures must be arranged for an efficient occupation of the two pages and added to the text as non-floating figures or tables; h) Program: MSWORD '.doc' file ; Each paragraph must start after 5 blank spaces from the margin.
- TABLES AND FIGURES – The Tables and Figures must be prepared in order to occupy the minimum of memory possible without affecting the quality of the data and must appear in the text in a way not to move or fluctuate over it. The Tables must not include vertical grade lines and a minimum of horizontal grade lines. Tables and Figures must appear right after being mentioned in the text;
- CAPTIONS – The captions of the Figures must be typed with font Arial 11, right after the Figures. The titles of the Tables must be typed using font Arial 11 one line before the Table;
- REFERENCES –References must be typed according to the rules of the Annals of Magnetic Resonance (http://www.auremn.org.br/Annals). The word REFERENCES must be typed in Capital letters, font Arial 11, in bold, two lines after the last word of the text. The list of references must start one line after the word REFERENCES;
- ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS – Acknowledgements must appear at the end of the abstract two lines after the end of the list of references, aligned at the right using upper cases in case of the name of financial support agencies, in bold, font Arial 11. Do not write the word ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS.